What is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker?
The LCSW stands for Licensed Clinical Social Worker, which means that this individual has decided to focus on providing therapy in much the same way as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) does. They are required to follow an equally rigorous process of licensure including 3000 hours of supervised training experience.
Do you accept insurance?
Yes. We accept BlueCross Blue Shield, Medicare and Medicare Supplements.
How does insurance work?
To determine if you have mental health coverage, the first thing you should do is check with your insurance carrier. Check your coverage carefully and find the answers to the following questions:
- What are my mental health benefits?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- How many therapy sessions does my plan cover?
- How much does my insurance pay for an out-of-network provider?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Are these services confidential?
In general, the law protects the confidentiality of all communications between a client and psychologist. No information is disclosed without prior written permission from the client. However, there are some exceptions required by law to this rule. Exceptions include:
- Information obtained from assessments may be treated differently, depending on the objective and reason for referral. In particular, information obtained during an assessment required for services, or referred for legal reasons may be forwarded to the referral source. We will discuss this when you come in for testing.
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse. The therapist is required to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person. The therapist is required to notify the police.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself. The therapist will make every effort to work with the individual to ensure their safety. However, if an individual does not cooperate, additional measures may need to be taken.
Where is your office located?
I am available at my office by appointment. My office is located at 3400 Tamiami Trail North, Suite 204, Naples, FL 34103